Online training has many benefits. The main advantages are that you may study when and where you want, having access to training with specialized experts that would otherwise be very difficult.
However, online training also has some challenges, being one of them communication and follow-up with students. This is why, it is important to ensure that learners have the correct information at the right time and in a timely manner, and that they know how the "Virtual Campus" and all its functionalities work.
How to find the information you need, whenever you need it
After training thousands of learners of all ages and in more than 40 different countries, we know that most students value being autonomous in finding the information they need when they need it, and not being dependent on the availability of any member of the LISA Institute Academic Coordination Team.
Therefore, you can find the answers to the most common and recurring questions in these two ways:
- Inside the "Virtual Campus", at the beginning and end of each course.
- In the LISA Institute website, in our "Help Centre".
Within these Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s), students can solve their doubts regarding how to send a message to teachers, how to request a course extension, what are the different evaluations like, etc.
How to contact the Academic Coordination Team
If you don't find the answers to your questions in the "Help Centre", we have an Academic Coordination Team available almost 24-hours a day, through the following channels:
- Interactive website chat.
- Virtual Campus messaging.
If you want to send a message through the website chat, you just have to click the bottom-right button of the page and write your message or query.
To contact us through the "Virtual Campus" messaging system, you can follow these steps:
1. During the development of any course, in the top menu of the "Virtual Campus", you can click on Messages and then on Send message:
2. You will then see the following screen:
3. To contact Academic Coordination, you must type System Administrators in the Recipients field. This way, any member of the Academic Coordination Team will receive your message and the right person will answer as soon as possible.
4. Then, fill the Subject section, enter your queries in the Message body section, add any attachments if you wish to and finally click on Send message.
Please, provide, as much detail as you can regarding your question. This way, the Academic Coordination Team will be able to give you the most appropriate response, feedback and recommendations:
5. Once the message has been sent, the Academic Coordination Team will reply as soon as possible!